Kayaking with dogs is fun and brings unlimited joy to your life. Dogs are good companions when it comes to kayaking. Sharing the boat with them makes it more enjoyable, and you will not feel alone!
But you must avoid taking your dog on a normal kayaking boat! You must choose the perfect one for your dog. There are many kayaking boats available in the market that can become a great buy if you want to take your dog with you on a kayaking journey.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
We, as a team, found the best kayaks on the market that will last longer and be easy to go with while your pet is with you.
If you’re in a hurry, then without wasting time, we want to let you pick up the best kayak for dogs that not only allows you to pick the best product in the market but also saves you money.
We are talking about Solstice Inflatable Kayak. Solstice Inflatable Kayak has become the most demandable Kayak in the market for its Durability and Design. This 11 feet long and 37 inches wide kayak has 3 compartments that allow ample space for you and your pal.
Made of 22 Gauge K-80 PVC material and layered by a 1000 Denier, the Solstice Kayak is for long usage and can hold up to 440 pounds of capacity.
With this kayak, you will get 2 grab handles, velcro paddle holders, front & rear spray skirts, storage bungees, and screw-style drain valves. Also, you will get 22 reinforced D Ring to tie the leash, anchor, seats, and your belongings onto the kayak.
If you ask us what would be the top choice for us, then we suggest you go with this one. This kayak saves you money and lasts for many years.
Table of Contents
Buying Guide for The Best Kayak for Dogs
Look, all companies claim that their kayak is the best on the market. With a lot of options, you may buy something that may not serve your purpose. So before purchasing a kayak for your dogs, reading a guideline is a good idea. This guideline will help you to find the best kayak for dogs in the market.
Needless to say, we always want a product that will be safe for our pets! Almost every kayak on the market is made of high-density polyethylene which is hard enough to tear for your dog. However, it is suggested to trim your dog’s nails before getting them onto the kayak.
All pet owners always keep an eye on this point. Stability is important because once you and your pal get onto the kayak, it must be stable. If the kayak has enough space and the right length, it will remain firm; else, it is likely to start startling. Without stability, your furry pal may get scared and start barking.
For a smooth ride on a kayak with your dog, you must check the kayak’s weight capacity. Make sure the weight capacity should be more than your weight. So it can carry you guys easily.
Types of Kayaks for Dogs
There are 5 types of kayaks available in markets: Sit-on-top kayaks, Inflatable kayaks, Pedaling kayaks, Recreational kayaks and Touring kayaks.
Is it safe to take a dog on a kayak?
Yes, it is safe to take your dog on a kayak. However, you must be very careful about your pet’s safety. Put a life jacket on your dog before taking it on kayak riding.
Best Kayaks for Dogs
Here is the list of the best kayaks in the market.
1. Sea Eagle 3 Person Inflatable
Kayaking with dogs is a great way to enjoy your weekend with your pal! But for that, you need a good kayak that will last long. If you are searching for a kayak for your big dog, you’ve come to the right place. The Sea Eagle 3-person Inflatable kayak is perfect for your large dog.
Not only the size but its durability almost makes it one of the most demanding kayaks in the market too.
Only weighing 44.25 pounds, The Eagle 3-Person Inflatable Kayak has ample space in it. The material is made of synthetic, which also ensures that it is capable of holding up to 650 pounds easily.
- The Sea Eagle Inflatable Kayak offers you 2 movable seats and can hold weight around 650 pounds.
- Along with this kayak, you will get two paddles, a foot pump and a bag to carry the kayak.
- The total item weight of this kayak is around 44.25 pounds, making it super light to carry.
- You will see one-way valves on this kayak that only allow the air inside, so there is no question of air coming from the valve.
- Two molded skegs are at the front bottom to give your kayak more traction and make your journey more comfortable.
- The floor construction is made of 5 tubes of I-beam, making this kayak strong and capable of holding loads.
- You will get an A42 Larger Pump to inflate the kayak in 10 minutes. This pump is made of durable ABS plastic that can be packed easily in no time.
2 . Pelican Sit-on-Top Kayak
For good reasons, Pelican Sit-on-Top Kayak is one of our top products on our choice list. It must be on your list if you want to experience the next level of joy of kayaking with your furry friend.
This Canadian company, which started its journey in 1968, is mostly famous for its plastics boat to the world. So without thinking twice, you can rely on them for your next venture with your dog.
With the ERGO LOUNGE seating system, Pelican Sit-on-top is one the best kayaks in the market for its comfort. The seat on this kayak is designed to make you feel comfortable while paddling kayaks on the water. This also features an anti-slip carpet at the bottom, making this product more demanding to pet owners.
- The anti-slip carpet on this kayak makes it attractive on the water. This enhances the security of your dog.
- The Ergo Lounge seat is comfortable while paddling and the cushioned back is there to rest your body during kayaking.
- The whole dimension of the kayak is 114″ X 30″ X 11″, which is a lot of space for you and your dog.
- The EXO Neptune White color is vibrant and easy to locate on the water, enhancing security.
- The Pelican Sit-on-Kayak comes with a warranty, so if you find any issue with the quality, you can contact them easily.
- You will get two pull handles with the kayak, so it becomes easier to pull the kayak on the water.
Cons: Some users got a single pull handle when the product was delivered.
3. Ocean Kayak Malibu Two Tandem Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
- Length: 114 inches
- Width: 30 Inches
- Weight Capacity: 362 pounds
- Materials: Single Layer Polyethylene
Kayaking is a great activity to enjoy your leisure when your pup accompanies you. In recent years dog owners have started to take their furry pal with them for kayaking. It is good to travel with your pet.
This way, you can bring more happiness and joy to your and your friend’s life. Even taking dogs kayaking is great in many ways, as they do not complain about getting wet and even love participating in the activity.
We love Ocean Kayak Malibu Two Tandem kayak because of its 4-way comfortable seat and its durability. This kayak is made of Single Layer Polyethylene, which increases the durability of this product. Apart from this, the weight capacity of this kayak is quite impressive. It can carry up to 362 pounds which will firmly uphold you guys on it.
- You will get a pair of comfortable 4-way adjustable seats on this kayak.
- This kayak is made of Single Layer Polyethylene, which makes the kayak durable.
- The total weight of this product is around 50 pounds which is comfortable to carry.
- You will get a warranty period for this product; if you face issues, you can contact them.
- The open sit-on-top hull makes it easy to get onto and off the kayak in seconds.
- The color of this product is sunlight which is easy to notice in the sea.
Cons: Some of the buyers got damaged products, according to them it was probably for the bad packaging.
4. Sea Eagle Inflatable 420X Explorer Kayak
We are talking about another great product from Sea Eagle 420X Explorer Kayak. This kayak is made for exploring the daunting kayaking activity with your dogs. If you have a tight budget but want to buy a kayak for your dog, then the Sea Eagle Inflatable 420X Explorer is a great option.
This product is made of fiberglass material and is one of the most durable among all other kayaks in the market. The total length of this kayak is around 111 inches, which is perfect for you and your dog. This kayak also remains firm while kayaking. As the bottom part has a drop stitch floor, thus it becomes easy and comfortable to paddle the boat.
- Sea Eagle 420x Explorer is an extremely durable 1000-denier reinforced PVC material.
- The total weight of this product is around 44 pounds which you can easily lift.
- 16 Rapid Self-Bailing valves are there to drain the water at a super fast speed.
- Setting up the kayak takes 9 minutes which makes the kayak different from other products. There is a large removable fin attached to the kayak.
- You will get an elastic cord at the bottom and the front of the kayak to tie your belongings to the kayak easily.
- The seats are tall enough to rest your back easily.
5. Intex Excursion Pro Kayak
The Intex Excursion Pro is one of the best dog kayaks on the market. It has become one of the best-selling products for its features and low price. Aside from its price, its features are excellent and gave this product the rank 5th on our list of the best kayak for dogs.
This product can be an ideal choice for dog owners looking for a kayak that will last longer and be cheap. It offers some excellent features like Damage-resistant, lightweight, heavyweight capacity and others.
The intext company has kept an eye on the quality of the product. The material is made of high molecular PVC. This material is known for its durability and can protect the kayak from abrasion and sunlight.
- The Intex Excursion pro is a good product compared to other products in the market.
- This kayak can hold 400 pounds, so you and your pal can easily sit on it firmly.
- Made of 3-ply high-impact material protects the kayak from abrasion and sunlight.
- The valve is spring-loaded, which makes it easier to inflate the kayak in minutes. You can deflate easily.
- The floor is made of an I-beam floor, giving the kayak rigidity in the water.
- You will get a mounting bracket in the kayak if you love fishing.
- The seats are on this kayak easy to remove so that you can clean the kayak easily
- This kayak also features 2 paddles, a high-output pump, a carry bag and a pressure gauge.
Cons: a few users find holes in their carry bags.
6. Explorer K2 Kayak
Are you searching for a lightweight and Inflatable kayak for your next kayaking adventure with your dog? Well, we have great news for you. The Explorer K2 Kayak is one of the lightest and cheapest kayaks in the market.
Made of polypropylene, this product’s weight is only 13.8 kg which is super easy to carry. The price of this kayak is also reasonable. At this price, you will get many features with this kayak, such as the 2 adjustable seats, vibrant yellow color, 2 paddles and many other cool features.
- The Explorer K2 is easy to carry as the total weight of the kayak is around 13.8 Kg.
- This kayak is made of polypropylene and puncture-proof vinyl, which are tough materials. So your kayak will never remain scratched and punctured.
- The seats are inflatable and high enough to give you comfort.
- The skeg that gives the kayak speed in water is removable, so you can remove the skeg easily while you’re not kayaking and want to do normal boating.
- The Boston pumps are super easy to inflate and deflate the kayak. Just in a few minutes, you can do this.
- You will get two grab handles on both edges.
- The buyer will get a 90 days limited manufacturer warranty; if you find the product faulty, you can contact them.
Cons: The plastic edges are sharp, so be careful.
7. Sea Eagle 2-Person Inflatable Sport Kayak Canoe Boat
Another great kayak from the Sea Eagle Company is Sea Eagle 2-Person Inflatable Sport Kayak Canoe Boat. This kayak will always satisfy you since it features most things you look for in a kayak. Everything that comes with this kayak, from weight capacity to the reasonable price to comfortable seats, is enough to satisfy you.
We always want a lightweight and portable kayak. The Sea Eagle 2-Person Inflatable Sport Kayak is exactly what you want. As you can see in the name, this kayak is meant for 2 people. With this kayak, you will get many accessories that will make your kayaking experience more engaging and smooth.
- The total weight of this kayak is around 26 pounds, making it a light product.
- The synthetic material makes the kayak puncture-proof and protects it from abrasion.
- The 5 I-beam tubes have been used to manufacture the product, which gives a firm structure from the base point.
- With this Kayak boat, you will get 2 AB30 paddles.
- A foot pump will be there in the package.
- You will get a repair kit too. If you face minor issues while using the kayak, you can easily fix that with a repair kit.
- A shoulder strap and a rugged bag are included to carry the kayak.
Cons: Some buyers have found holes after using the kayak twice.
8. BKC TK122U 12′ 6″ Tandem 2
BKC TK122U 12′ 6″ Tandem is one of the most widespread kayak brands on the internet. We were recommended this kayak by one of our friends. We found this kayak a value-for-money product. This is the best kayak for you if you’re searching for a kayak with almost every feature.
The BkC TK122U Tandem is famous for its water-resistant storage and color variety. You will get enough space in this kayak, so when you use this kayak for boating at that time, you will have ample space to carry extra stuff with you.
- The best thing about this kayak is its aluminum seats. You will get two ergonomic aluminum frame seats.
- These seats have multiple adjustment edges to give you comfort while kayaking.
- You will get 2 aluminum paddles and hatches with this kayak.
- It can hold up to 770 lbs without any hindrance.
- In this kayak, you will get 2 water-resistant storage for keeping your belongings.
- The BKC TK122U comes with a 5 years warranty of the hull and a 1-year warranty on body parts.
Cons: People have issues with the product delivery system, but most are happy with the product.
9. BOTE Deus Aero Inflatable Kayak & Stand-Up Paddle Board
- Weight Capacity: 300 LBS
- Materials: PVC
BOTE Deus Aero Inflatable Kayak is one of the high-demand products on the market because it satisfies almost all criteria of a buyer. When we came to know about this kayak, we checked out all the quality and stuff it offers to its customers, and we became satisfied too.
BOTE Deus Aero Inflatable Kayak is also among the most demanding and costly. By its look, you can assume how much premium it is. Yes, it is quite expensive compared to other kayak brands. But with all its premium features, it will satisfy you.
- This kayak can hold up to 300 pounds of weights
- This kayak comes with a self-bailing cockpit which will keep you dry.
- It can be converted to a SUP in seconds.
- Aero Technology has been used to manufacture this boat to make it rigid and durable.
- You will get a limited period of warranty on this product.
- The material is highly durable PVC.
10. Perception Tribe 13.5 Sit on Top Tandem Kayak
Perception Tribe is certainly one of the best kayaks in its class with its excellent features like comfortable seats, stability in water and durable quality. Aside from these qualities, this kayak has some useful accessories for a comfortable journey.
Made of polyethylene, Perception Tribe Kayak is one of the most durable kayaks on the market. There is ample space on this kayak where you can easily keep your dog’s food and other stuff. The cushioned padded seats are also one of the reasons why people often purchase this product.
- The Seatbacks have multiple adjustable points so that you can set the seat as per your preference.
- The cutting-edge design makes this kayak fast and stable in the water.
- A one-piece roto-molded layer protects this kayak from UV and gives it a longer lifespan.
- The high-density polyethylene has been used to manufacture this kayak, which also ensures its durability.
- You will get 2 paddles with fiberglass-reinforced blades that improve your kayaking experience.
11. Perception Rambler Kayak
Perception Rambler is an elegantly designed kayak with all the features you need for kayaking with your dog. This roomy kayak has ample space for you and your pal to sit comfortably.
The kayak material is Polyethylene. Thus it can be used for years. The maximum weight capacity of this kayak is 550 lbs, which means it can easily balance the boat with your weight.
- Two people can easily sit on this kayak.
- The removable padded seats are great options for cleaning the kayak. The maximum weight you can put on this kayak is 550 lbs.
- This kayak can be used on any water, such as lakes, ocean baya or maybe on slow-moving rivers.
If you think kayaking is a great way to spend time with your pal and family, then you can consider the above options. All these kayaks are highly demandable because of their built quality and jaw-dropping low price. Yes, you may find some of them a bit costly compared to others, but again, most are top-notch products.
FAQ: Best Kayak for Dogs
1. Are tandem kayaks good for dogs?
A: A Tandem kayak is a great option if you want to take your dog with you. It provides enough space for 2 people. So yes, tandem kayaks are indeed good for our dogs.
2. Where should a dog sit on a kayak?
A: It is suggested to keep your dog in the middle of the kayak for safety purposes. In case the water waves are too high, they can remain in a safe place.
3. Can a dog fit in a one-person kayak?
A: For a small dog, it only takes a little space. Most solo kayaks are great because they have space for stuff so that you can use those areas for your furry pal.
4. Is it easier to kayak or canoe with a dog?
A: It depends upon the nature of your dog. If it’s too grumpy and doesn’t calm down, it might not be easy to kayak with a dog. But, in most cases, dogs love to take a tour on a kayak.